What Are Spine Tumors?
Spinal Tumors are usually metastatic, meaning they originate from a primary tumor elsewhere in the body and spread to the spine via the lymph nodes or bloodstream. Tumors can grow into the spinal cord causing neurological problems. In addition, tumors may destroy vertebral bodies causing collapse and thus, local or radiating pain.
Spine Tumors Symptoms
- Back pain caused by destroyed bone
- Radiating leg pain or weakness
- Neurological problems
Spinal Tumors Causes
- Growth of a primary tumor in a vertebral body
- Spread of distant primary organ tumors to the spine
- Growth of tumors into spinal canal
- Collapse of vertebral bodies causing nerve pressure