KRISTOFER CHENARD, M.D. +
Kristofer Chenard, MD. is a Fellowship-Trained Orthopedic Surgeon with clinical expertise in sports-related injuries, arthritis, and broken bones. Dr. Chenard’s focus is to help patients safely return to a full and active lifestyle. He takes pride in providing exceptional care of his patients with a personalized approach, tailored to each patient’s unique goals.
Dr. Chenard is a graduate of the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine. He completed his orthopedic surgery residency at New York University Langone Orthopedic Hospital, which is consistently ranked in the top 5 orthopedic programs in the United States by US News and World Report.
He went on to complete subspecialty training in sports medicine and arthroscopic surgery at Lenox Hill Hospital and the Nicholas Institute for Sports Medicine, the nation’s first sports medicine fellowship. Dr. Chenard served as an assistant team physician for the New York Jets and the New York Islanders during his fellowship training.
His passion for orthopedics emerged after undergoing several orthopedic surgeries of his own, and as a result, he was inspired to help others achieve their own successful recoveries.
Dr. Chenard has advanced training in minimally invasive and arthroscopic techniques for shoulder, elbow, hip, knee, and ankle surgery.
Dr. Chenard also treats arthritis of the hip and knee. He performs shoulder, hip, and knee replacement surgery. Dr. Chenard also has extensive experience in orthopedic trauma and fracture care of the shoulder, elbow, wrist, hip, knee, and ankle. As a result of his surgical training at the two busiest level-one Trauma Centers in New York City.
Dr. Chenard’s passion is to help his patients recover the quality of life they desire with conservative care or surgical treatment. All of Dr. Chenard’s patients are treated with a compassionate bedside manner and heartfelt enthusiasm for helping them through the recovery process.
A sports-enthusiast, in his spare time, he enjoys basketball, volleyball, tennis, stand-up paddle-boarding, kayaking, and snowboarding.
Dr. Chenard will be seeing patients in all four of our offices in Broward and Palm Beach county. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Chenard, please contact us at 888-409-8006.
- Fracture repair of the clavicle, glenoid/scapula, proximal and distal humerus, humeral shaft, radius and ulna
- Arthroscopic glenoid labrum repair/shoulder stabilization
- Latarjet procedure
- Arthroscopic rotator cuff repair
- Arthroscopic superior capsular reconstruction
- Anatomic and reverse total shoulder arthroplasty
- Acromioclavicular/coracoclavicular ligament reconstruction
- Biceps tenodesis
- Arthroscopic superior labrum anterior to posterior (SLAP) tear repair
- Pectoralis major tendon repair
- Elbow arthroscopy
- Ulnar collateral ligament repair/reconstruction
- Distal biceps tendon repair
- Triceps tendon repair
- Treatment of lateral/medial epicondylitis
- Cubital tunnel release/ulnar nerve decompression
- Hip and femur fracture repair
- Arthroscopic acetabular labrum repair
- Arthroscopic treatment of femoroacetabular impingement syndrome
- Hamstring tendon repair
- Hip abductor tendon repair
- Anterior approach total hip arthroplasty
- Posterior approach total hip arthroplasty
- Fracture repair of the patella, distal femur, tibial plateau, and tibial shaft
- Quadriceps and patella tendon repair
- Arthroscopic anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction
- Arthroscopic posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) reconstruction
- Lateral collateral ligament (LCL) and posterolateral corner (PLC) reconstruction
- Medial collateral ligament (MCL) repair and reconstruction
- Medial patellofemoral ligament (MPFL) reconstruction
- Multiple knee ligament reconstruction and treatment of knee dislocations
- Proximal tibiofibular joint reconstruction
- Osteochondral allograft transplantation and osteochondral autograft transfer
- Tibial tubercle osteotomy
- High tibial osteotomy
- Distal femoral osteotomy
- Arthroscopic meniscus repair and partial meniscectomy
- Meniscal allograft transplant
- Treatment of exertional compartment syndrome
- Total knee arthroplasty
- Unicompartmental knee arthroplasty
- Ankle fracture repair
- Achilles tendon repair
- Ankle ligament repair
- Ankle arthroscopy
- Lenox Hill Hospital and the Nicholas Institute for Sports Medicine
- New York University Langone Orthopedic Hospital
- University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- The American College of Surgeons
- American Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Broward Health North
- Broward Health Medical Center
- Broward Health Coral Springs
- Kester BS, Begly JP, Capogna B, Chenard K, Youm T. Four-Year Outcomes Following Arthroscopic Microfracture of the Hip in Patients with Advanced Chondral Lesions. Bull Hosp Jt Dis (2013). 2020;78(2):123‐130.
- Chenard KE, Jazrawi LM, Alaia MA. Posterolateral corner injury: Evolution of diagnosis and treatment. Bull Hosp Jt Dis (2013). 2020;78(1):6-11.
- Chenard KE, Mai DH, Ryan MK, Begly JP, Youm T. Does the etiology of hip pain influence hip arthroscopy outcomes? Arthroscopy. 2020 Jan;36(1):167-175. Epub 2019 Nov 26.
- Capogna BM, Ryan MK, Begly JP, Chenard KE, Mahure SA, Youm T. Clinical Outcomes of Hip Arthroscopy in Patients 60 or Older: A Minimum of 2-Year Follow-up. Arthroscopy. 2016 Dec;32(12):2505-2510.
- Chenard KE, Teven CM, He T.C., Reid RR. Bone morphogenetic proteins in craniofacial surgery: current techniques, clinical experiences, and the future of personalized stem cell therapy. Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, November 20, 2012, Article ID: 601549, 14 pages.
- Moore AM, MacEwan M, Santosa KB, Chenard KE, Ray WZ, Hunter DA, Mackinnon SE, Johnson PJ. Acellular nerve allografts in peripheral nerve regeneration: a comparative study. Muscle and Nerve; August, 2011; 44(2): 221-34.
- Moore AM, Wood MD, Chenard K, Hunter DA, Mackinnon SE, Sakiyama-Elbert SE, Borschel GH. Controlled delivery of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor enhances motor nerve regeneration. J Hand Surg Am; December, 2010; 35(12): 2008-17.
- Moore AM, Ray WZ, Chenard KE, Tung T, Mackinnon SE. Nerve allotransplantation as it pertains to composite tissue transplantation. Hand; March 21, 2009; 4(3):239-44.