DAVID M. PRIOR, M.D., FAAOS +
Dr. David Prior is a board certified orthopedic surgeon with over 10 years of experience fellowship trained in spine surgery. Dr. Prior is currently seeing patients in our offices in Boca Raton, Coral Springs, Deerfield Beach and Plantation.
Dr. Prior’s love for medicine and orthopedics started at an early age which led to a successful education path that began in Michigan State University where he graduated Summa cum laude with a BS in Medical Technology. Then, he went on to complete his Medical Degree at Wayne State University School of Medicine.
In 2015, Dr. Prior completed his Orthopedic Surgery Residency at Western Michigan University School of Medicine. A year later, he completed his fellowship training in UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento, CA. His extensive training has certainly given him ample experience in a wide range of procedures that will be very beneficial to South Floridians.
Dr. Prior joins Spine & Orthopedic Center after successful staff positions held in Carolina Pines Regional Medical Center and OrthoArizona. Due to his extensive training and experience, Dr. Prior treats back and neck pain, disc degeneration, disc herniation, fractures of the spine, minimally invasive surgery, revision spine surgery, reconstructive procedures, scoliosis, thoracic and lumbar disease, spinal stenosis, intradural and extradural spinal tumors, and most spinal pathologies and trauma.
Off duty, Dr. Prior is a huge tennis aficionado and an avid player. He also enjoys golf and fishing. There is no doubt that Dr. Prior is made for South Florida!
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Prior, call us at 888-409-8006.
- UC Davis medical Center – Sacramento, CA
Orthopedic Surgery Residency
- Western Michigan University School of Medicine – Kalamazoo, MI
- Wayne State University School of Medicine – Detroit, MI
- Michigan State University – East Lansing, MI
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- American Medical Association
- American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Northwest Medical Center
- Broward Health North
- Broward Health Medical Center
- Broward Health Coral Springs
- Carilion Franklin Memorial Hospital
- Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital
- Chandler Regional Medical Center
- Mery Gilbert Medical Center
- Prior, D. (Author & Presenter), Kasten, M. (Author), 21st International Meeting on Advanced Spine Techniques (IMAST), “Pelvic Derotation for Correction of Fixed Sagittal Imbalance: A Novel Technique,” Scoliosis Research Society, Valencia, Spain (July 19, 2014). Additional Information: Start Date: July 16, 2014
- Prior, D., MS1 Students, “C-Spine & Back Exam on Peers Under Faculty Supervision,” VTCSOM, Roanoke (August 31, 2018).
- Prior, D., Local Coding Chapter Seminar Lecture (AAPC), “Common Procedures We Do Such as ACDF, DLIF, Microdiscectomy and Talk About Each Individual Component of the Coding Process,” Salem, VA (May 18, 2018).
- Prior, D., “C-Spine and Back Exam on Peers under Faculty Supervision,” VTCSOM, Roanoke, VA (August 25, 2017).
- moore, t., Prior, D., (2014, December 01). Lower Lumbar Fracture Management. Browner’s Skeletal Trauma. Saunders.
- Prior, D. (2016, August). Effect of Real-Time Feedback on Screw Placement into Synthetic Cancellous Bone. Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma, 30(8).