What is a Scoliosis?
Scoliosis is the most common abnormal curvature of the spine. It is most common in adolescent females.
Scoliosis is a genetic condition that frequently runs in families. Small curves usually cause no pain.
The curve is commonly in the upper back. The patient may have one hip higher than the other, and frequently one shoulder blade appears more prominent than the other.
Scoliosis Symptoms & Signs
- One hip may be higher than the other
- One shoulder blade appears more prominent
- Small curves in the back; usually upper back
- Deformity in back
- Cork screwing effect from rotation
- There is no known cause for Scoliosis
- Scoliosis tends to run in families