Almost all of your daily activities may require you to move your arms. Thus, demanding the use of your shoulders. It’s important to strengthen your shoulders. Strong shoulders are the unsung heroes of the upper body. They are powerful and have a great range of motion. That great mobility also makes them vulnerable to injury, too. If your shoulders are weak, the chances of getting an injury are higher. The 6 shoulder exercises to strengthen your shoulders below are simple, and easy-to-do exercises that can be performed at home without any equipment.
Shoulderblades Against Wall
- Stand straight facing a wall.
- Keep your hands on the wall while keeping the elbows straight.
- Bend the elbows slightly towards the wall keeping your back straight.
- Then, bring your shoulder forward and stay in that position for 5 seconds.
- Return to your normal standing position and repeat 10 times.
- You can perform this exercise either standing or sitting.
- Then, bring your shoulders back and keep your chin tucked in.
- Squeeze the shoulder blades at the same time without overdoing it.
- Hold the position for 5 seconds. Repeat 10 times
- Keep your arms on your sides, slightly away from your body in a standing position with your back and neck straight.
- Make sure that your hands face forward.
- Then, lift one shoulder towards your ear and hold for 5 seconds and switch to the other shoulder.
- Repeat 10 times on each shoulder.
Static Rotator Cut Off Contraction
- Stand straight.
- Keep your right elbow at 90 degrees.
- Then, grab your right wrist with your left hand.
- Push your right arm away against the left hand’s resistance.
- Hold the position for 5 seconds and repeat 10 times on each arm.
Hand Behind the Neck
- Put one hand behind your neck.
- Make sure to keep your back and neck straight.
- Your elbow must be sticking out away from the body.
- Then, lift your elbow above the shoulder line. Repeat for both hands.
Side Arm Raise
- Stand straight with your arms down at your sides with fists closed and thumbs out.
- Raise both arms to the side until your shoulder level.
- Lastly, hold the position for one second and slowly lower your arms.
- And Repeat 10 times.