Many of the favorite foods among men are not necessarily the best and most are not recommended for good health. However, a healthy diet combined with regular physical activity can help improve male health and prevent heart disease and cancer. Which ironically is the first and second cause of death for men over 35.
Although anyone (or all of the foods listed below) can’t guarantee good health on their own. However, consuming quality nutrients is important for maintaining a healthy immune function. Also, preventing bone loss, muscle loss, and oxidative damage.
Below is a list of 10 recommended foods to improve male health
Foods to Improve Male Health
- Oysters. Oysters can deliver a full day’s supply of zinc. Which may protect against causes of prostate cancer and increase sperm count.
- Fatty fish. Polyunsaturated fats can benefit the heart, circulation, and immune system. Plus, it can also reduce the risk of prostate cancer.
- Plant stanols. Stanols are naturally occurring substances in fruits and vegetables. They are also known to lower blood cholesterol levels.
- Whole grains. A diet rich in whole grains can help lower bad cholesterol. Added bonus, they are also good for prostate and muscle health.
- Bananas. Bananas are a great source of quick energy. Plus they are packed with potassium and vitamin B6. Eating bananas can aid your immune system. However, it can also help your nervous system, and assist with protein metabolism.
- Broccoli. Cruciferous vegetables like broccoli are helpful in the prevention of heart disease and cancer. You can also try cabbage, bok choy, garden cress, cauliflower, or Brussels sprouts.
- Berries or cherries. Adding berries to your diet may help slow a decline in brain function that occurs with aging.
- Soybeans. Soy is rich in isoflavones, which protect prostate health. They are also known to lower the risk of prostate cancer.
- Brazil nuts. These nuts are packed with antioxidants. These antioxidants may help prevent heart disease, cancer, and also protect prostate health.
- Red/orange vegetables. Nutrients from red bell peppers, carrots, pumpkin, or sweet potatoes help preserve healthy skin cells. Plus, they also prevent oxidation from the sun.
If you are looking for a top orthopedic doctor in the South Florida area, call us at 888-409-8006. Our doctors will help keep your bones in top shape to prevent arthritis, degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis, and more!
Leave A Comment